Student Council 2010-2011
The Student Council of Drimnagh Castle is now an established, respected and important part of our school.
Why do we have a Student Council?
- To officially represent the students.
- To give the students a voice in the College.
- To channel new ideas and initiatives.
- To raise funds for various charities & projects within the school.
- To provide a forum for students to express and hear views on school and community matters.
- To help the students, management, staff, parents and community work together to benefit our school.
Student Council Members 2010-2011
Ciarán Murphy - Chairman
As Chairman of the council I oversee all the council's activities and pitch fundraisers and new ideas for the school to the principal. Each week I chair the weekly meeting in our designated Student Council Room and encourage as many new ideas as possible to try and make the students voice as loud as possible in the creation of new policies and facilities for the school. I believe the student council can be a great communicator between the pupils and staff of Drimnagh Castle if developed correctly and this is my primary goal as Chairman.
Alvaro Gellon – Secretary
It is my role in the student council to record the minutes of the weekly meetings to ensure we work efficiently and don’t forget or bypass possibly useful ideas. I ensure attendance to these meetings is high and I am also in charge of any other administration work the council requires.
Ryan O’Connor and Alex Williamson – P.R.O’s (Public Relation Officers)
We are in charge of informing students of the various activities that the student council get up to. Our job is shared between two people. It’s our job to make sure students are aware of our various activities and fundraisers so they can fully participate by setting up notice boards and making announcements to allow the students to know what’s happening in the school.
Connor Dunne – Art Director
My job in the council is to work with Ryan and Alex in making posters to advertise upcoming events and also to design the notice boards. I add creativity to the announcements to make them more noticeable and it is also my responsibility to decorate the student council room itself.
Ciarán Wilton and Daniel Dignam
Our role in the student council is to voice any ideas we come up with. We all have a say in what goes on and if any of the students in the school have any questions or ideas we speak for them. One of the main reasons we have joined the student council is to gain experience in things such as working with people as a team. We hope our involvement in the student council will allow the voices of students to be heard to make this school a better place.
Why should you join the Student Council?
- To become actively involved in your school.
- To be the communication link between the students and the school.
- To develop self-confidence, independence and responsibility, and leadership skills.
- To help to make your Student Council the best that it can be!